Thanks for your interest in my upcoming book!
For ages, I’ve wanted to write something that captured some of my thinking around how best to help troubled young people. This is it!
Basically, it’s ‘the book of the blog.’
Doing a better job for those kids who need our help – that’s my passion. And that’s what this book is about.
Some of the chapter headings for the book are:
- Respect – seeing troubled kids through new eyes…
- Listening – Catherine de Hueck said, ‘With the gift of listening comes healing.’
- Trust – build this first and everything else will follow on…
- Boundaries – doing our job to the best of our ability AND staying within the rules
- Touch – safe touch is essential to good child care. So how do we do it?…
…things that can really make a difference to kids you work with.
Spreading the word…
I’d be very grateful for your help in getting the word out about it. I want as many people as possible to read the book – that way, more children will be impacted for the better.
If you’re up for helping me spread the word, just click the link below and leave me your email address.
If you know someone else who might be interested, please let them know. You could just copy this link and send it on to them: http://eepurl.com/c0YCk5
Jessica Kingsley Publishers have kindly offered to publish my book.
They reckon it will be out around 21st May 2018.
I’ll keep you posted as things unfold.
I have completed the main draft of the book and am now dealing with the first proofs – so it’s coming together nicely!
Once again, THANKS for your interest in it. Please leave me your email so I can get in touch with news as things progress.
(p.s. here’s that link one more time, just in case you missed it! :0)