How to Win Friends and Influence People
Opinion in short:
I first read this book when I was about 18 or 19 years old. It really twisted my dials and got me thinking back then. Just finished another run through and it’s just as impactive today. If you want to connect with people better – don’t hesitate, just buy it. It’s a blinder and an absolute bargain at around £6. The audio book, though more pricey, is very well narrated and easy to listen to.
- A well-ordered book with clear sections which makes referencing easy.
- Jam-packed with real life examples of people who’ve heard carnegie’s teaching, put it into practice and seen the positive difference these principles make.
- It’s really a summary if how people function. One might even call it a treatise in being kind and considerate – of looking beyond ourselves for the good of others. And ours!
- Accessible language throughout, easy to read and practical.
- It’s a little out of time, being written around 3 decades ago – but it really is timeless as it talks about people…
- There are no real criticisms to make – I loved it. Cover to cover.