The government has issued a new advice leaflet for parents and carers.
The 12 page document is called, “Advice for Parents & Carers on Gangs: Helping Young People Make the Right Choice.”
The following are the main headings covered:
- Why do young people join gangs?
- Signs to look out for
- It’s not just the boys
- What can you do?
- What if your child is already involved?
- What the law says
- Useful contacts
In my view this is a very worthwhile leaflet to read. It breaks down the issues very well, offers practical advice and access to other useful resources.
What do you think?…
Please let us know your views:
1. What has your experience taught you about gangs?
2. What works with helping young people to break free of gangs?
3. Do you know of any useful resources for work in this field?
Leave a comment below or click here.
Previous youth justice posts…
Pass it on…
© Jonny Matthew 2013